Author Topic: Server Transfer is now live  (Read 1729 times)

Morlinwist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Server Transfer is now live
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:53:13 AM »
I just read about the new server transfer for characters that SW:TOR now has in place. Currently there is no choice as to what server people on Kaas City can go to. Kaas City is but 1 of 10 servers that are allowed a complimentary server transfer to Canderous Ordo.

It will be first come first serve. So when Canderous Ordo reaches a certain occupancy (not publicly stated at this time) they will cut off transfers to that server.

So my question to my guildies is, should we make a concentrated effort to move all our characters at once so we can try to keep The Black Sabres intact. I am supposing that they may even look at shutting down these excess servers if they are assigning 1 destination server for 10 origin servers.

Here are some highlights from the Official Announcement:

"For those who have unlocked Legacy abilities, your Legacy will be transferred to your new server and your unlocks will be available there too. If you have already unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, the higher level Legacy will take precedence. For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it. If you have a guild bank, it will be re-granted to your new guild on your destination server by Customer Service. This is not an automatic process and you will have to contact Customer Service directly. If your transferred character’s name conflicts with an existing name on a destination server, you will be asked to rename your character. In the case of Legacy names, unless you have unlocked your Legacy on your destination server, you will need to rename your Legacy upon transfer (although you may pick the same Legacy name as on your origin server, if available)."

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

Morlinwist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Server Transfer is now live
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
Well the dirty deed is done!  :<  I've transfered my toons over to the Canderous Ordo server. Hope to see all the Black Sabres there. Unfortunately I've had to rename some of my toons as others arrived there first. Serves me right for putting it off I guess.

Be sure to friend me once you get arrive so we can get together sometime

Jorathh - Level 41 Sentinel
Jollee - Level 38 Commando
Nahum - Level 34 Sage
Johann-duo - Level 33 Gunslinger
Morlinwist - Level 30 Shadow